Who coined the phrase ‘Blind Faith’ anyways?
Former President John Kennedy and his wife, Jacqueline, when retreating from the duties of the office often listened to the soundtrack of their favorite Broadway musical, Camelot — the story of a mythical world, ruled by King Arthur, where goodness reigned supreme.
Our nation often referred to their only surviving son, John Kennedy Jr, as a Prince that was birthed out of that era. True indeed he was a favorite son. Well educated, handsome, a young man concerned about the people of our nation. One of his favorite hobbies was flying his small aircraft. It has been documented that he was what was considered a ‘Sight Pilot’. He was not trained in using all of the intricate instrument panel devices. Being a ‘Sight Pilot’ was considered a perfectly acceptable and certified way of flying at the time. As long as the pilot keeps his eyes on the horizon, he can fly safely.
However, on his last night alive, John Kennedy was flying over water. It is suspect that during this fatal flight, he inadvertently took his eyes off of the horizon and became confused, flying into the water instead of maintaining proper position and elevation. This is called a “Disorientation Accident.” John Kennedy Jr, seemed to have had a sudden attack of what pilots call ‘Black Hole Vertigo’: a three-way disconnection between reason, instinct, and reality – even an inability to tell the difference between up and down. Unfortunately, Kennedy lost his life and that of his wife and sister-n-law.
Darkness fell and as a result, he was unable to see. One could actually say he was flying blindly because he was flying by sight. As Believers in the Lord Jesus Christ, we need to adhere closely to the following scripture;
“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” –2 Cor 5:7
We are to walk by faith that the Word of God produces. We must learn to put our trust in Him. The Word of God is the instrumental panel board that we are to read and follow as we fly along through life.
In the darkness of the night, we can see clearly as we renew our minds daily through the Word of God. His Word becomes imprinted upon our hearts and is given voice and empowered by the Holy Spirit. We can see in the night seasons of life because The Word is a light unto our pathway. Even though we may not be able to see with our physical eyes through the maze of facts, figures, and circumstances, we can see with our spiritual eyes.
We must never take our eyes off of the Word of God. Let’s look at some of the ‘Golden Nuggets and Promises’ given to us that will help us successfully navigate through life:
- “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding.In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.”- Proverbs 3:5-6
- “I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.”- Psalms 32:8
- “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him.”- James 1:5
- “Teach me Your way, O LORD, And lead me in a level path Because of my foes.” – Psalm 27:11
- “Teach me Your way, O LORD; I will walk in Your truth; Unite my heart to fear Your name. “- Psalm 86:11
- “Make me walk in the path of Your commandments, For I delight in it.”- Psalm 119:35
The Lord even sends out a tracking beacon so that we can lock onto it and follow it when we can’t see.
- Send out Your light and Your truth, let them lead me; Let them bring me to Your holy hill And to Your dwelling places.”- Psalm 43:3
- “But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come.”- John 16:13
Trusting in God and His Divine Instrumentation which leads and guides us as we navigate through the course of life should not be that difficult of a concept to grasp. After all, we don’t think twice about using the GPS and instrument panels in our cars to go somewhere at night. We trust our lives to these machines to safely guide us where we need to go.
How much more should we trust the Living God who loves us and cares for us to guide us safely?
May God’s Grace Abundantly Reign In Your Life!
-Apostle Ric & Prophetess Kathy Steele
Consider Adding These Discernment Resources To Your Library!
Doors & Chambers Book and Training Manuals
An Apostolic and Prophetic View of God’s Process for Personal Growth and Ministry
“For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.”
According to the Scripture, Romans 8:28 says- “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose.” The questions is, how do all these things work out to our benefit? God is a “God that declares “The End” from “The Beginning”. However, we must understand that He is also a God of process. There is a process that takes from the beginning unto the end.
By Dr. Ric Steele
For more information, go to www.DoorsAndChambers.com
Get your copy of Doors & Chambers, the book by Apostle Ric Steele today! Get yours now! Go to Get My Copy Now!
Be sure to check out our other blogs!
- Ric Steele Ministries Blog
- LITES – (Leaders In Training of an Excellent Spirit) A Blog for the Youth!
If you haven’t already, download The Due Season App!
- Get it at Apple, Google Play, Windows & Amazon stores